TripleClamp Moto's choice
Adventure motorcycle engines are valuable to take on water, that's just the nature of the sport. Paper filters when they get wet will reduce and eventually block the oil flow which causes oil starvation for vital part of the engine. This is usually the number one reason for engine damage when a bike takes on water (through the exhaust or intakes). Scotts stainless steel filter will continue to filter oil even when the oil is contaminated by water. This buys the rider time to get to a point that the oil can be changed.
These filters are reusable. They can be washed and put back into the engine.
- Beta RR 400, 450, 525, Years 2005-09
- Beta RS 400, 450, 525, Years 2008-09
- KTM 250 EXC, MXC, Years 2000-05
- KTM 400 EXC, MXC, SX, XC, XCW, Years 2000-07
- KTM 450 EXC, MXC, SX, XC, XCW, Years 2000-06
- KTM 450 EXC, MXC, XC, XCW, Year 2007
- KTM 450 SMC / SMR, Years 2003-08
- KTM 520 EXC, MXC, SX, Years 2000-02
- KTM 525 EXC, MXC, SX, XC, XCW, Years 2003-07
- KTM 560 SMC / SMR, Years 2003-08
- KTM 625 SXC, Years 2003-06
- KTM 690 Enduro / SM / SMC, Years 2008-11
Why Scotts is the best:
- 10 Years of Engineering, manufacturing and testing
- Technical information and assistance available directly from the manufacturer
- 3 Pleat welded seam (best sealing and strongest
- Passes ASTMF316 Test for 35 Microns
- Certified "Bubble Point" testing on media
- Passes 24 hour chemical resistance test
- Custom woven media
- Able to withstand 600 degrees F.
- Full Flow bypass with progressive valving. No need to disassemble for cleaning.
- Magnetic pre-filtering (all spin-on models)
- Sonic cleaning available from the manufacturer
- Used by the most factory backed riders
- Labeled "4-Stroke insurance" by MotoCross Action Magazine
- Rated "9" by Dirt Rider Magazine
- Given "Full Throttle" rating my Fast By Design
- Applications for just about everything that rolls, floats or glides across the snow.
- Manufactured in the USA
This should be the last oil filter you will ever buy! Made from laser cut, medical grade, 304 stainless steel micronic filter cloth, this filter provides 200% more filter area in many cases. Most good paper filters will pass particles in the 90 to 95 micron range, and some tested, as much as 300 microns. Sand is about 125 microns and a white blood cell approximately 25 microns. Our stainless filter catches items down to 35 microns "absolute", which is about 3 times better than most good paper or brass filters. The pleat seam is welded, able to withstand up to 600 degrees in our filter, not glued, like paper filters.
Cleanable and reusable:
Simply remove the filter, rinse in clean solvent and replace it, you're done. The filter can be cleaned with solvent, kerosene, aerosol carburetor cleaner, or any other degreasing agent, even common dish soap. You can even blow air through the filter from the inside out to remove any small particles or cleaning agent from the screen if you so desire.
Consistent flow under all conditions:
Stainless steel will stand up to the stress of heat, high pressure and physical handling much better than paper or brass. This filter maintains consistent flow under all conditions including cold start ups and or under extreme heat. A one inch square of this micron filter material will flow 1.9 gallons of 90 weight oil per minute at only 1 psi pump pressure (70 degrees F). Our typical filter size is 30 sq. in. which equals the flow of 57 gallons per minute. Standard paper filters do not flow well when the oil is cold, often causing the bypass valve to open allowing unfiltered oil to enter your engine, uhg!
Unaffected by Water, Heat and Pressure:
This filter is capable of withstanding extremely high pressure and flow rates. It is also unaffected by Water, Heat and Pressure, unlike standard paper filter material which swells in the presence of water, closing off filter pores and reducing flow.
By allowing you to inspect the debris that is in the filter you can monitor your engines condition, avoiding minor and or catastrophic failures.
What is a Micron?
A micron is one thousandth of a millimeter. That's about .00003937 inches. Fine sand can be as small as 62 microns thick. Our filter will not allow any particle over 35 microns to pass through this filter, that's some pretty small stuff that's being caught.
So who uses this type of filtration?
This high tech filter technology is widely used in all types of auto racing including NASCAR, Indy type cars, Formula 1 and in the Aerospace industry where filtration is of the utmost importance.
Things to think about:
Next time you are fanning your clutch think about all that tiny debris that is created from the clutch and gears meshing together, spinning around in your motor's vital parts. If you really care about the life of your motor and consider the cost of loss of time associated with a current day 4-stroke motor, then you need one of these filters. It's even transferrable in some cases to your next bike. I used the same filter in my last three bikes, and it's still like brand new, there's simply nothing to wear out.
In addition to all the other benefits, our filter helps keep the land fills free of old used filters.
|Manufacturer Part No.:||2155|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.